Intern With Us!
We are looking for 5 interns to join our popular rural village education program!
In September of 2019, we will be going to Gwarumemase village in Papua New Guinea. This is your chance to get involved and learn about coral reef restoration AND chicken farming! We have partnered with the Kyeema Foundation to deliver a one of a kind internship program for 5 lucky individuals who will get the chance to work within a local community. Immerse yourself in a deeply cultural location and be part of a project which will teach the community:
- How to build Coral Frames
- Harvesting Coral
- Planting a Coral Garden
- Livestock Management for Short Term Sustainability.
Why should you join?
- Have an impactful week
- Learn concepts of coral reef restoration which are traditionally reserved for marine scientists
- Learn about a new culture
- Upskill yourself - All interns are given a specific job to do.
- Gain work experience in a new and exciting area.
- Be a part of a great community project and build the next reef.
- Become a proud coral ambassador and join the Hiri community.
- You will get hands-on experience planting more than 100 fragments of coral.
- The list goes on...
Who Can Apply?
- Anyone over the age of 18!
- We do NOT require a background in marine science, biology, or any of the sciences.
- Our programs are designed for just about anyone, and you can make a difference too.
This program will be for 8 days and will include activities such as: snorkeling, coral harvesting, hiking in key locations, traditional experiences and more. Note: This trip has a cost which is payable by you (This amount is exclusive of flights).
Spaces are filling fast, so Apply now! Use the application form below to Apply - Make sure in the Text Field, in 250 words or less explaining why you would like to take part. More information about the project will be sent to individuals considered for the internship program.